|Disputation Training - online||02.12.2021 09:00 - 18:00 (Thu)||online||Dr. Garavoglia, Matteo|
|Disputation Training - online||03.12.2021 09:00 - 16:00 (Fri)||online||Dr. Garavoglia, Matteo|
For doctoral candidates who will soon be handing in their PhD thesis or have just submitted it.
The workshop provides information about the formal procedure, the requirements, the social setting of a Ph.D. examination and the do’s and don’ts of a PhD examination. In this seminar we will use video recording as a tool to enable the participants to capitalize on their strengths and to improve their performance. This workshop places particular emphasis on preparing strategically one’s position in the lead up to the viva defense and dealing with the questions & answers session in the second part of the viva defense. On the first day, participants attend the workshop all together as a single group. On the second day, the participants join the trainer for a series of one-to-one sessions characterised by a dedicated tailor-made approach.
- Selecting a committee: what should I take into account?
- The dos and don’ts in oral Ph.D. examinations.
- How do I stay my ground during the questions and answers session (Q&A)?
- How do I deal with stage fright?
- How do I structure the preparation phase most effectively?