|Scientific Writing for Natural and Life Scientists - online||02.03.2022 09:00 - 13:30 (Wed)||online||Dr. Sanchini, Andrea|
|Scientific Writing for Natural and Life Scientists - online||03.03.2022 09:00 - 13:30 (Thu)||online||Dr. Sanchini, Andrea|
|Scientific Writing for Natural and Life Scientists - online||04.03.2022 09:00 - 13:30 (Fri)||online||Dr. Sanchini, Andrea|
Before booking a workshop, please make sure that you can attend for the entire duration and save the dates. When participants do not show up or cancel on a very short notice, other interested parties are denied a chance to participate.
For doctoral candidates in the Natural and Life Sciences. Ideally, participants should have started their research project already and be at the stage of writing, in order to take the most advantage from the workshop.
With discipline and commitment, scientific writing is a skill that can be learned and mastered. In this workshop, Andrea Sanchini will work with participants to develop a set of "how-to" strategies for writing journal articles and theses, and for increasing writing productivity.
- Common challenges and misunderstandings in scientific writing
- How to organize the flow of information
- The sections of a scientific article
- Different types of writers
- The stages of the writing process
- Techniques and software available to increase writing productivity
- Clear scientific writing
- Motivational tools to increase writing productivity
- How to reduce procrastination and perfectionism
- Teamwork with co-authors and supervisors
During the workshop, participants can draft part of their current writing project, for example a journal article or a thesis (1 to 2 pages). Therefore, participants are asked to decide in advance which ariting task they want to do during the workshop.