|Finding your place in a team||28.10.2020 09:00 - 18:00 (Wed)||online||Dr. Garavoglia, Matteo|
|Finding your place in a team||29.10.2020 09:00 - 16:00 (Thu)||online||Dr. Garavoglia, Matteo|
For doctoral candidates in their final year.
This workshop helps participants coping with interdisciplinary and intercultural issues affecting their work and provides them with tools to manage communication dynamics within their team, in an academic context.
On the first day, participants are guided through a series of steps to identify which communication strategies might best suit the needs of the team, to understand the different roles that individuals might play within the team, to enhance their communication skills and to address intercultural issues that might influence team dynamics. On the second day, participants will join the workshop one at the time for approximately one hour for a tailor-made session with the trainer. Within this context, participants will have the opportunity to discuss the individual challenges that they are facing and to employ the skills learnt on the first day. By investing one day working with their colleagues and one hour in a one-to-one session with the trainer, participants will gain new and invaluable tools to address the key challenges that PhD students and your post-doctoral researchers inevitably face when striving to define their specific role within their research groups and the academic environment.
- Understanding the dynamics and the key roles that individuals play within a team.
- Exploring the role played by intercultural issues and using them to the team’s benefit.
- Avoiding common “communication mistakes” and developing your own “communication toolbox”.
- Basic principles of a constructive and objective-oriented discussion technique.
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback as a member of a team.
- Moderating a group discussion / leading a group meeting.