|Starting your Academic Career in Germany: What to Expect? (hybrid)||28.11.2023 10:00 - 17:00 (Tue)||DRS, room 004 & online||Dr. Vatansever, Asli|
For doctoral researchers of all disciplines. The workshop will take place at DRS, Hittorfstraße 16, 14195 Berlin.
However, online participation is also possible: In this case please register here, and send an additional email to email@example.com. We will then send you the video link.
- Explaining the academic labor market situation, the academic career advancement model, and the current higher education reforms in Germany in a way that is accessible to outsiders
- Providing international early-career researchers with a chance to realistically assess their career chances in German academia and within the European Higher Education Area
- Offering a critical view on contemporary qualification and employment practices in the academic sector
- Introducing the existing venues of solidarity and resistance in German academia
- European academic labor markets in comparative perspective
- The academic qualification model in Germany
- Idiosyncrasies of the German academic system
- The Fixed-Term Academic Employment Law (WissZeitVG) and its implications for international and domestic early-career researchers
- Contemporary debates and fault lines in German academia
- How to apply for academic jobs in Germany
- Researcher communities, solidarity networks, and anti-precarity initiatives