|The joy of research – Self-motivation & self-management for academics (webinar)||08.06.2017 16:30 - 18:00||online webinar||Dr. Rudlof, Matthias|
|The joy of research – Self-motivation & self-management for academics (webinar)||22.06.2017 16:30 - 18:00||online webinar||Dr. Rudlof, Matthias|
|The joy of research – Self-motivation & self-management for academics (webinar)||06.07.2017 16:30 - 18:00||online webinar||Dr. Rudlof, Matthias|
This course is free of charge!
For doctoral candidates and postdocs of all disciplines.
In this three-part webinar, you will learn how to consciously and actively increase your efficiency and enthusiasm in your research, and how to maintain motivation when the going gets tough. Both productivity and happiness increase when positive feelings and clear thoughts combine in the work process. The objective will be to attain the state of “knowledge flow,” which is characterized by intrinsic motivation, increased productivity and inner contentment.
- The interaction of feelings and thoughts in research work
- Creative thinking
- Knowledge flow
- Productive handling of doubts and motivational slumps
- Experiencing self-effectivity as a motivational booster
- Developing personal visions for research and life
- Knowledge values – defining the personal and disciplinary meaning of your research project
- Qualitative time management
- Organizing focus times
- How to handle the procrastination problem
Best practice examples, activation exercises, visualization and vision development, work system analysis and intervention planning, self-coaching techniques for research, focused conversation with interactive moderation.
- Includes a free, four-week “Ask the Coach” e-mail-feedback phase after the end of the webinar.
- If possible, please use a desktop PC or notebook, not a tablet or phone.