|Discover your skills profile and self-marketing opportunities in German Academia||03.06.2019 09:00 - 17:00||Dahlem Research School, Hittorfstr. 16||Dr. Issa, Christine|
For international doctoral candidates of all disciplines
Working in German academia offers a lot of opportunities for international researchers. Doctoral candidates acquire skills and knowledge during their research that could be transformed into vital networks for later career prospects. Being aware of own competencies, skills and roles is a profound basis to build on own achievements for further career developments. In vivid and international working environments, providing a clear self-image and a professional skills profile is a door-opener for future collaboration or career opportunities.
This workshop aims to explain the German Academic system and its inherent self-marketing possibilities for international doctoral researchers. Based on an individual assessment they learn to develop an own skills’ profile gained out of their doctoral project and how to establish their own “brand” with self-marketing.
- Insight in German Academia and possible career options
- Development of a skills profile out of a PhD/doctorate
- Understanding of professional self-marketing
- The German Higher Education System: traditions and structures
- Career prospects: the PhD on the career ladder
- PhD survey: assessment of situation
- Skills Audit: My Doctorate Career Development Plan
- Knowledge Transfer, Case Studies
- Group work
- Coaching, Training units
Please note: Should you not be able to participate, it is absolutely necessary to deregister 14 days before the starting date of the workshop. If you fail to cancel your registration in advance or to attend the event, you will not be allowed to book any events for the next two semesters (including the current one). See also the section FUBright in our Terms and Conditions.